Sunday, September 27, 2009

Update: Week 4

Hello to everyone,

I hope you all had fun at homecoming, as a chaperone it was so nice to see everyone all dressed up. This week is going to be hopefully a little less hectic than last week. Here is what is going on this week.

Algebra 1 - We will be starting with section 1.6 and hopefully making it through 1.9 by Friday. However on Wednesday both of my Algebra 1 classes will be taking an online math test in the drop-in computer lab to test their math competency. This is something new that AP is doing 3 times a year to gather data and progress of students. I will talk to the students more on Monday and Tuesday about this. Tutoring also starts this week (I believe in the media center, however this could change so keep checking back and I will post any new information). One think to keep in mind is that the entire math department is participating in the tutoring program, so I may not be teaching your son or daughter. I see this as a positive because they will get a new perspective on the topics that we are covering. I am still available for help before and after school for questions on homework, however this does not count as tutoring hours if the students want to retake their 1.1-1.5 quiz.

Physics - I will not have the chapter 1 exam graded until at least Tuesday, and I am working very hard to get grades updated. We are going to be working on Vectors this week which is not in the book, so if your son of daughter is still having trouble with the Trigonometry section we covered in chapter 1 they need to come see me so I can make sure we are all on the same page and that no one gets left behind.

Any questions, concerns or comments please leave me a message below in the comment section.

Have a great week,

Mrs. S

No comments:

Post a Comment