Monday, September 7, 2009

Communication is Key!

So why a blog? Well, in the past 4 years that I have been at Allen Park I have found that communicating to students and parents over just email can be very time consuming, especially when I am answering the same questions multiple time per day. I would like to use this blog for the as a weekly update to parents and students about what we have been doing in class including: 1) class activities, 2) upcoming tests and quizzes, 3) grades and when they will be updated, and 4) a resource for students in both Physics and Algebra 1.

I will be posting weekly and will visit the blog bi-weekly to check for questions and comments. If you have a question or comment it may not be visible to others until I have reviewed it. I also ask that personal comments or questions about individual students be sent to my direct email. I also may assign the students in my classes to visit the blog and view a voice thread, pod cast, website or even a virtual field trip and expect the students to comment by a certain date and time. My expectations are that all comments are appropriate and taken seriously, as a grade may be assigned to student participation. I encourage both students and parents to check this blog weekly for information.

The title of the posting will indicate who the post is intended for. For example Physics: week one update is only intended for physics students or parents of physics students to read. Posts that do not have either Physics or Algebra 1 in the title are meant for all students and parents to read.

This is a new frontier for me as I am sure for some of you also, and I am looking forward to incorporating technology and new avenues of communication for everyone’s benefit. Remember you can always email me with questions or concerns or call me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment